RAMM-Race Across America on a bike
For 36 years RAAM has been challenging ultracyclists from around the globe to push their physical and mental limits to the farthest reaches. Starting in Oceanside, under one of the longest piers in California, RAAM spans 3000 miles, climbs 175,000 feet, crosses 12 states and finishes in Annapolis, Maryland, the east coast sailing mecca.
The route travels west to east, traversing three major mountain ranges (Sierra, Rocky and Appalachian), crosses four of America’s longest rivers (Colorado, Mississippi, Missouri and Ohio) and the Great Plains. Also, passing through such iconic American landmarks as the Mojave and Sonoran Deserts, Monument Valley, Great Plains and Gettysburg.
Open to amateur and professional racers, in solo, 2-, 4- and 8-person relay teams, there is no other race in the world comparable to RAAM. The Race has become a global icon, having had over 35 countries represented. Not only has RAAM proved to be one of the most challenging races in the world, but has become a huge platform for racers to raise awareness and money for charities of their choice.
A RAAM 2016 team was co-sponsored by BEMER with four top level bike riders.
- The race lasted only 5 days, traveling 24/7 from Oceanside, California to the Annapolis, Maryland….over 3,000 miles of distance.
- Our racers changed places every 17-22 min. throughout the race. The racer would then use the BEMER before and after every leg of their participation.
- Early in the race, riders faced 116 degree temps in Arizona on the pavement. The riders feel that BEMER helped them stay hydrated throughout the race.
- RAAM was the ‘first ever road race in America’ assisted by BEMER.
- RESULTS- OUR TEAM WON THE RACE in our division of Four Man/Woman teams. In addition, our Four Person team also beat the competitors in the Eight man/woman teams by a 16 minute margin
Becoming an official RAAM finisher means claiming ultra-racing’s most coveted jersey and medal…and, for the lucky few that win their race division, the prized USA plaque…and being among the elite family who call themselves RAAM Finishers. RAAM will always sit at the pinnacle of ultra-racing accomplishments!
How does this affect YOU? Well, our team used BEMER Physical Vascular Therapy during every step of their trek and YOU CAN, TOO!
FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN BENEFIT EVERY DAY AND HAVE THIS TECHNOLOGY IN YOUR HOME!